Hey all! My how I've missed you. :) I was able to catch up on most of your blogs but haven't gotten to commenting yet. I certainly will soon!
Our trip to Bailey Island, ME was amazing as usual. It is such a good, fun loving, caring group of people and such an amazingly beautiful spot that I'm not sure it would be even possible to have less than a wonderful time. Thanks so much to everyone for making it a huge success, especially Jake for letting us use his families' spot.
I'm going to have a big recap post shortly with lots of great pictures and food, so be sure to stay tuned! In the meantime, I'll get to today's eats thus far...
Breakfast was oats with almond butter and a few raisins. I was super hungry and this tasted so good along with my iced coffee.
For lunch, I made a trip to the salad bar and filled up a box of goodness - mixed greens, red onions, grape tomatoes, carrots, edamame, feta cheese, cranberries, corn and black beans topped with some homemade croutons, black pepper and raspberry vinaigrette. Yum!
I'm a little low on snacks and food today, so I broke into my stash of kashi crackers and had the last of my sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, soy nut trail mix alongside. With my iced green tea, it was quite satisfying.
Afternoon break is over. Time to reign in this (long and sleepy) workday. Hope you guys are having great Mondays! I can't wait to share my Bailey Island pictures. :)
Oh yeah! While I was away, Stacey from I'd Rather Be Running tagged me in a "7 traits about you" game so here goes:
1) I'm a HUGE animal lover and hope to someday own a French bulldog of my very own.
2) Although I'm pretty quiet and easy going, I have a huge competitive side.
3) As a vegetarian, I really don't miss eating meat at all, but the smell of steak, peppers and onions still smells delicious.
4) My second toes are longer than my big toes.
5) I am absolutely terrible with directions and still get lost coming home from school (that I've been at for about 6 months) occasionally.
6) My favorite day consists of lots of outdoor activity, staying unshowered until the evening, and a nice, filling dinner.
7) My parents are still shocked that I can cook for myself, let alone by the fact that I love to do it and am pretty good at it... So I couldn't make a box of pancakes until college - I was just a late bloomer.